Friday, October 10, 2008

Still Sad....


Keith had show and tell this morning at school and each student had to bring a picture of their house.  This morning I looked through several photo boxes trying to find some picture that incorporated the front of our house.  Instead I came across tons of pictures of my beloved "Brew". Pictures ranging from the time we picked him up at the breeders until the time before he passed away.  I thought I was okay with him being gone because I knew he was in heaven with Maddux and Oscar (Oscar is Frank's puppy that passed away two days before Brew).  But I am still very sad.  As most of my friends know, I am glutton for punishment.  I do it to myself.  I sat there and looked at all the pictures I could find.  A normal person would have said "Wow I need to get to work and not sit here and look at all these pictures that will make me cry!", but of course, I am not normal.  There is no denying that.  It was crazy looking at pictures from our old house when he was a puppy and life was so simple.  No worries about money, day care, etc.  It really made me think of how wonderful a life God has given me.  My beautiful children who fill my day with laughter, my husband who constantly reminds me of why I married him (his sense of humor and of course, good looks), and family and friends who will always be there to support me and be there when I need them.  So today I remind myself to look forward, do not dwell on the past, only learn from it.  

2 comments:

Heather said...

Elissa,
I'm so sorry. I wish Brew was still with you guys. Hugs to you.

Gillian Sampson said...

I would have continued to sit there and reminisce too.