Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sometimes We Need a Reminder from Above


Every week we get an email from someone in our Sunday School with the week's prayer requests, praises, updates, etc.  Suzanne Piper sent out this week's email since Becky is on bed rest (she's expecting twins in January) and it contained something that I really needed to hear.  She quoted the verses from Romans 8:26 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."  Every night when I say my prayers, I feel like I have to list everything that comes to mind.  Sometimes I forget that God is all-knowing and he knows my heart and my mind before I even speak it.  Thank you Suzanne for reminding me.

No comments: