Monday, October 13, 2008

Someone get me a Dictionary

Who would have thought that every conversation that I have with my 4-year old would be a spelling bee....For example, she heard me use the word assume in a sentence.  She says to me, "Mom, what does assume mean?" So I make up some crappy definition to try and get her to understand.  She attempts to use it in a sentence.  "Keith assumes that he will get to play with his trains if he poops in the potty".....WOW, that was a good one.  She used it correctly.  Then she wants to know how to spell it.  So we sound it out. A---SSSSSS--uuuuuu-mmmmm.  Tricky word in the spelling department.  I know that the words will get tougher and there are just some words I do not know a definition for, I just know how to use them in a sentence.  I really think my daughter is trying to outsmart me....

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Too cute! What about her wanting to know what a psychic is this weekend? Glad you were there to explain that one!