Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goals

I have never been one to set goals....I did not want to let anyone down (especially myself) if I did not succeed.  But after a lot of thought yesterday and a talk with my trainer and coach, I have decided to set my new goal.  Get ready everyone, it is a doozie if I say so myself.  Next Ocotber, I will be sporting my pink in honor of breast cancer, but this time I will be doing it a little differently.  As Brian and I normally try to walk in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure (well I walk, Brian runs), we have not been able to in the last 2 years due to our Las Vegas trips.  Well no more of that.  Next year, you will have to look fast to see me because, yes brace yourself, I will be running. 

My goal is....to run in the 2009 Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K.  Not only do I want to do this for myself, but for all the women out there who have been affected by this terrible disease.  I not only feel great because I can dedicate this to Brian's aunt Karen who we both loved dearly who lost her battle with breast cancer in 2002, but it is something we can do together (Brian and me).  I am really excited, but a little scared.  But I have a year to get ready...I hope that is long enough.....I have not run in probably 13 years.....You may see me on TV as the person being taken away on a stretcher but I am determined to make it.

Okay so the pic is not me....but it could be after I train.....and dye my hair, and get a boob job, and get younger...But it could be...





3 comments:

Unknown said...

You might be able to convince me to join you. I'm way more out of shape than you are!!!

Heather said...

Go for it! I'm convinced you can do it! You run after Keith all the time : )

Kayce said...

Hey -- you and Morgan both might be able to convince me! I'm younger and more out of shape than both of you. No excuses for me!