Thursday, November 6, 2008

One More Day

As I sit here and think about those words and how we have one more day until we celebrate our 10-year anniversary, I also think of a song that use to be one of my favorites.  I don't know if any of you remember many years ago, there was a song by Diamond Rio called "One More Day".  Of course, those who know me can only imagine that I cry every time I hear it.  In the song, the person that he is singing to has left this earth and he would give anything to spend "one more day with you".  As I think about that song and the title of my post, I just thank God for the 10 years that he has given me with Brian.  I know that there are no guarantees for tomorrow or the next day, but I will cherish all the times that we have together and the memories that we have made.  Brian and I talked yesterday about all the plans that we had made for our 10-year anniversary that we are not going to be able to fdo.  I am okay with that.  I do not need expensive gifts, fancy trips, or elaborate dinners to celebrate how much I love my husband.  Those come and go.  Our love is forever!


No comments: