Friday, November 14, 2008

Answering Prayers

James 1:2-8

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Today I am praising God for so many things.  Yesterday, another prayer was answered for a woman I don't know physically but we share the same God.  After 9 years of infertility, her twin babies were born.  The mother was rushed to ICU and was in and out of a coma, having seizures,  and her blood pressure was spiraling out of control.  So I prayed.  Heather prayed. Carol prayed.  The family prayed.  Last night they brought her babies in her room and she woke up.  It bring tears of joy to my eyes even typing this.  (But we all know I am an emotional wreck over children.)  Also yesterday, a prayer was answered regarding our finances.  I try really hard not to pray about money, but God knows my heart more than I even know it.  God has always provided and he continues to do so every day.  The list goes on and on....... 


Thank you God for being in my life and loving me even when I don't deserve it!